4.04.2006
New venue, new blog
Hoi cats!
Yeah, I'm taking this blog thing for a spin and instead of subjecting people to a bunch of stuff about my child that's on the way, I figured I'd warm up with gaming.
Tonight will be night five of our current Magic the Gathering League. We're meeting at the new gaming store on 92nd and Oklahoma.
Rankings:
1st: Scott 11 - 8
2nd: Terry 9 - 7
3rd: Jon 10 - 9
4th: Josh 10 - 11
5th: Paul 8 - 10
6th: Doug 8 - 11
And when only three games seperate first from last, the race is close indeed. We've got 19 matches remaining, so it should be an exciting finish.
Also tonight I will be bringing along the demo decks for Sabertooth Games' new CCG Universal Fighting System (http://www.sabertoothgames.com/ufs/default.asp) to try out. I just got a request for feedback, so I'd like to actually provide something constructive.
For comparison sake, I'm also going to have the City of Heroes CCG (http://www.cityofheroesccg.com/) from AEG there as well to give it a shot.
Initial impressions - I've read the rules to UFS and played a demo of CoH and thus far CoH seems like the more interesting system of the two. CoH has alternating actions between players, no turn structure (like a continous turn of Doomtown), and all cards have at least two functions.
UFS is more typical, with each player taking their complete turn ala MtG, decking and life loss. However it also has licensed products behind it. The first two are Soul Calibur and Street Fighter, but they have hinted at many others coming into play. Also, the game is designed such that the various licenses can play against each other. It will be interesting to see how this all turns out.
Naturally, for the demo decks Sabertooth sent me, they have Chun Li and Taki - two female fighting icons. We'll have to see how it turns out.
Be seeing you,
Yeah, I'm taking this blog thing for a spin and instead of subjecting people to a bunch of stuff about my child that's on the way, I figured I'd warm up with gaming.
Tonight will be night five of our current Magic the Gathering League. We're meeting at the new gaming store on 92nd and Oklahoma.
Rankings:
1st: Scott 11 - 8
2nd: Terry 9 - 7
3rd: Jon 10 - 9
4th: Josh 10 - 11
5th: Paul 8 - 10
6th: Doug 8 - 11
And when only three games seperate first from last, the race is close indeed. We've got 19 matches remaining, so it should be an exciting finish.
Also tonight I will be bringing along the demo decks for Sabertooth Games' new CCG Universal Fighting System (http://www.sabertoothgames.com/ufs/default.asp) to try out. I just got a request for feedback, so I'd like to actually provide something constructive.
For comparison sake, I'm also going to have the City of Heroes CCG (http://www.cityofheroesccg.com/) from AEG there as well to give it a shot.
Initial impressions - I've read the rules to UFS and played a demo of CoH and thus far CoH seems like the more interesting system of the two. CoH has alternating actions between players, no turn structure (like a continous turn of Doomtown), and all cards have at least two functions.
UFS is more typical, with each player taking their complete turn ala MtG, decking and life loss. However it also has licensed products behind it. The first two are Soul Calibur and Street Fighter, but they have hinted at many others coming into play. Also, the game is designed such that the various licenses can play against each other. It will be interesting to see how this all turns out.
Naturally, for the demo decks Sabertooth sent me, they have Chun Li and Taki - two female fighting icons. We'll have to see how it turns out.
Be seeing you,